Finally I want to say, that a Garmin made a gadget for women…HIGHTEC toy, that is easy to use, and specially if you had a Garmin GPS already before, you just follow the same “lines”…but even more simple way
Is it easy to get into the Garmin world… Yes I think it is, as all the devices function with the same principle.
You know one of them, and you know them all.
Now Garmin came up with a GPS cycle computer, Edge 1000, and it has many new features, and still many of the functions are like the ones i know already.
But what I like most in this one, is that this fits well as a HIGHTEC gadget for all, who like to follow their cycling sessions, but also get inspired of riding in whole new way. Let me tell you why:
- you get more inspiration, and something new to play with
- you can actually get better in your condition, by comparing your numbers with a former trainingsession, and this way changing your training so that you actually get better!
- you can compare your training with other people who are using the devices, by social media and Garmin Connect, and get inspiration for new riding routes
- you can find training/riding routes from your actual position -this is what Edge 1000 also can do for you.
So if you suddenly are in the place , that you dont know so well, and you want to find the easiest way home, Edge 1000 will give you couple of suggestions to find your way. Even when you are abroad.
- Edge 1000 can also give you a route, depending your wishes.
you can just ask it to give you around 70km routes from your actual position, and it will do all the work for you.
We women love these kind of gadgets!
I have used Edge 1000 only couple of times, and of course it has all the basic functions like:
- heartrate, speed, timer, lap, distance… the basics
– ofcourse Edge 1000 has also the must functions like cadence=RPM (here you need a device to send the count to the edge), speed, temperature, and the direction, where I am riding to.
These are some features I like a cycling computer to have
– as I have the app Mobile Garmin Connect in my Iphone, I can whenever and where ever see who is calling me, on the Edge screen… this is just cool! And I can decide if it is important, or it can wait. Very very cool.
– another cool function is the map in the device… Never mind where I am, and the map is showing this to me, also where I have been riding. So if i do a cool ride with some freinds, in a new place, then i can do it on my own next time…cool..again.
All above is, what I use when I am on the road… And all the training is even more detailed afterwords, when I can transfer it into my Garmin Connect.. with bluetooth or wireless…fantastic…
And then just analyse, and analyse… And even my coach can with my password get into my training and have a look…
And not only that, he can also follow my training on real time… And this is what he also does sometimes…
It is a bit funny…Me on the bike, and he following it all on the computer, if he is home:-)
This is what Garmin is good with… new functions…and exciting devices, helping you and your coach in your training…and improving you in your sports.
But what I like this time the most, and this is that finally Garmin did a GPS, that women also are happy about; light, smart, easy to use.
And I know there is a lot of girls out there on the bikes, I recommend, check it out !
Makes your traning more fun, and for those who wants….can improve your fitness.