Yesterday was a kind of training day, that would have been better to plan without the Danish Meteo Institut, as they made a big mistake when the rain was suppose to arrive
But ok, they can also make mistakes… though on a Sunday, it costs many wet bikers There is something to think about when riding on a springday in 10 degrees, and the rain comes:
– hopefully you took your rainvest or jacket with you
– hopefully you are still riding with long riding pants or “legs”
– hopefully you have gloves and hat
– put the sunglasses in the pocket
– watch specially lot after small stones and sand on the road, not to get a flat…
– you can have a “coffeebreak” and hope that it is just a shower
– ride home if the rain continues, it is wasteless to get sick
Well I cut the ride a littel short and was riding home, and took my Asics running shoes on instead
When i am far from important racing, i always give myself the space to avoid bad weather when i can. It works ok for me.
So out for the run, running in rain is ok……..Timetrial in rain is not.
And I had a Maxim gel in my pocket (strawberry taste). Maxim has developed in the energy product marked, and my big favorite is now this gel; it is giving great energy but also tasting good! Try!! And yes, i never say like this, unless i really mean it.