The crunching time is soon here for all of you going for Challenge Copenhagen on Sunday. Hopefully you are still calm and also mentally well prepared for the big day.
Here are some last “TO DO” and “NOT TO DO”, that could be on your list:
– check that you have all your stuff for the race day for the final time
AND do it in good time.
– go through your race in your head = mental preparation. How will you react on different
things, if they happen.
– have your energyplan carefully prepared. Write it down. How many gels, bars, scoops of
powder in your bottle and so on. Make sure you get enough = minimum 60g carbo an hour.
– have a good sleep 2 nights before the race – this is the most important night! The day before
is anyway short, so friday night….make it count !
– be positive, enjoy the coming day & race!
– change any gear, and try something new in the race
– loose your nerves the day before. Trust the training you have done, trust your will power.
– go out and party the last evenings…
– eat any specialities the day before or on race day.
– say to yourself during the race “this is the last time I will race Ironm…” because you know you will it again
Have a fantastic race, and enjoy it, it is the day that you have been waiting for long time, and you have done all your training, so be there, and race well!!!