Garmin has made many really good sportswatches/GPS, and as I have been so fortune, that Garmin Denmark has been supporting my triathlon training, I have tried most of them…: 310XT, 910XT, 620, Garmin swim, and many other of them… But I have to say that the new 920XT beats them all… Why? Because finally Garmin made a sportsGPS with all the functions from above mentioned watches in one single watch. And they are working!
920XT is the one that replaces 910XT, or you can also say that it as the functions from this watch and many new functions gathered from other watches. But 920 is just a nice light version of all of the watches.
I still use Garmin Swim, when I swim, to count the lanes for me, and get better in my stroke rate (but OBS this watch is only for everyday use and swimming). And also as it is functioning with battery, it is a nice everyday watch, and the battery holds and holds
And I still use my 620 runningwatch, when running long, as it is a super light watch, and actually has the same running functions as 920XT
But soon I think I am only using 920XT, why?
– because it has also a watch, and when the battery is loaded, it lasts with GPS mode up to 24 hours!
– it is a thin and light, nice looking watch, and I like specially the white and red colors
– as it has a recover hour suggestion right after your training session, I might start to learn how to listen better my body
– when I am sitting by the computer and working, it starts to push me to get up and have a short break
(even for one like me, that is training so much, it is actually good, not to stay in the same position for hours ….)
– if I am training indoors, I can use the run/bike indoors function, and still count the strikes on the treadmill or how fast I lift my leg when I am running
– when I am training, and having my phone close by, I can see the incoming SMS or phonecalls on the screen!
(normally I dont have this going, as I TRAIN WHEN I TRAIN !, but if I expect an important call, it is a great funtion)
– the run/heartrate strap is softer than the old ones, so no problems with the skin after the use
– the buttons are very easy to start the different functions with… just a click and it is working
– and to load the data in Garmin connect is easier that ever… Just open the Garmin Connect, and the loading is starting wireless, IT IS SO COOL
WHERE TO GET IT ?
well, in CPH I know that Endurance Sport has it, else I believe it is out there, and this was not a sales talk !!!
it was simply to try and let you know, what is new and good, and if you need, then I hope this was a help for you
See you out there, training, no matter the weather