This morning was one of the dream mornings for me: early up and drive down to the sea, ready for the swim in the open water; sunshine, no jellyfishes (yet ), flat and clear water
It is the time of the year for us Scandinavians to make some swim training in the open water. Actually the water starts to be ok for swimming with a wetsuit, might still have a big help of a neopren swimminghat , as the water is just 18 degrees…! I would say it was great training to get 45 min in a new Blue Seventy Healix wetsuit. So if you are heading for Challenge Copenhagen, it is for sure time for you to head to the water. Just remember couple of things when swimming out there:
– know the place you are swimming in; check the currents, wind direction etc.
– never swim alone, but go together with friends, at least one
– wear a colourful swimminghat, not to scare the fishes, but eventual boats, canoees etc.
– find a fix point and swim after that (train you navigation for the race)
– remember to be well hydrated before the swim, you loose lots of sweat in the cool water
– be happy after your swim , you made it well, you made it into the water
See your hero – in the mirror, when you are home, well done!