Here we go… only 5 nights to sleep, and your raceday is going on! What can you do and think to be ready for The Day. Watch out, like we say “its all about standing in the startline on the racemorning, and being ready”
Here some late 5-to-1-day-before-the-race-tips. If your thoughts and mind just now is “flying around” , maybe following can give you a bit peace and helps you to focus better against your sundays race.
– most probably you feel a bit sloppy and tired these days? If yes, remember it is ok to have these feelings now. Sleep, relax and believe that the training you did the past many months was correct and soon it is the crunch time
– don’t be worried about the last night sleep yet, just sleep well 2 nights before the race, and it is ok. Normally the night just before the race, you will not feel very relaxed and feel like can sleep well
– eat well and healthy all the week, don’t overeat… lots of vegetables and fruits, dark grains and fish, 2 evenings before the race eat a bit earlier than normally, as the raceday wake up call is pretty early
– don’t overdo the drinking either, just the 2 last days drink a bit more water and eat more salt than normally. This is the way to prepare your body with minerals for the raceday, and specially if the weather will get warm
– FINALLY have control of your race equipment, no more last-days-running-around in the shops to find the last things
– and the closer Sunday is here, start to stay away walking around on your legs, REST!!
– positiv focus, look forward racing hard and enjoying the day, remember not to go around saying yourself why you’re doing this, or you never will do this again… enjoy the fantastic super form that you have now and you have worked for and show also for yourself what condition you have reached, enjoy the day fully out!
– there is one important thing: nutrition for your race day, hope you are in control about that, prepare it well, write on a piece of paper and be ready also with that. Don’t over estimate or under estimate your energy needs for the day. Your race might go well or bad depending of your plan
Have a fantastic race, and have fun, I would love to change my place with you, today with a cast in my arm ! Will be on the route cheering!!!