Here we are, jetlagged, but enjoying the nature of surroundings in Boulder ColoradoThe flight to west is always just soooooooo long. And the flight got a delay of 2 hours from CPH so it meant that we missed our connection the same day to Denver. And we had to overnight in Chicago.
The negativ points were:
– nothing went like the personal promised, SAS said the United will take care of this and that, but they did not
– United said that SAS should have taken care of this and that, but they did not
The positiv points were (luckily enough they were many
– we got to Boulder in daylight, and saw the fantastic views
– we had a good night sleep in Chicago, instead of being 100% exchausted
So now we are adapting to the altitude (Boulder in 1800 m) and time difference, which means:
– easy training first 2-3 days, and after that, I expect to have a watt output on the bike 10-20% lower than normal.
– long workouts up to medium intensity, the hard stuff left for the second half of the traning camp
– drinking lots of water, the air is really dry. This helps both alttitude and time difference adaption
– sleep enough, and trying to follow the local time cyclus as fast as I can
and…………….hang out in the sun, after a rainy august in Copenhagen, the blue sky here is good medicine, I really love it.
Boulder city looks interesting, and the life down here even more. I will tell you more about it next time. Now I will go for training And for the next days the programme is: sleeping- eating- training- eating-sleeping-eating-training… not bad
Coming days I will put some photos and good update, stay tuned…. and maybe see you out here in the Boulder Mountains