Yes, we are in the snow and on the mountains… just for the Christmas? Well the plan is to stay the most of the winter down here
And then… many is asking me, if you are gonna spent the entire winter in the cold and snow, how is it gonna fit together with your training?
First of all, I will be a part of the winter also home in Denmark, and also planning of having couple of weeks training down on www.playitas.dk , Fuerteventura. But else I can train like the picture above show
So if you are planning a ski holiday, and are a bit in doubt if it makes bad for your triathlon training… I would say no, look here all the possibilies you have:
– randonnee; going up with the skies is one of the best lowimpact training session you can do. Your heart rate will lay most of the time up in the level like in your long runs. Do this 2-3 hours, and wow you are done!
– choose a place where you live high… Good altitude training, just remember not to push yourself too hard, as the altitude can push you into overtraining
– do crosscountry skiing: fantastic for all your body, muscles and cardio training
– how to run: there is always a gym where you can do some sessions on a treadmill Run and have fun, also in the snow, but watch out the injuries…!!! Invest for a good pair of winter running shoes, that are not sliding on the snowy and icy roads
– swimming: choose a place with a pool in the village. The pool is always empty in the middle of the day as the people are skiing… so plan your days well!!!
– cycling is the biggest problem. If you just have a week, does not matter, bike a bit on a fitness bike I have my hometrainer and TT bike with, so I am gonna have some hours on a hometrainer:-)
And the best thing is: it is just so beautiful on the Alps, when there is a lot of snow and sun… And when it is snowing, well it is also beautiful, look some views: