This is how we are… we like to make new promises for the coming year, and we want it all: like have more balanced life, work less, train more, get faster, have less stress, loose weight, live healthier, get faster….and all the other good things there is.
It is called “nytårsfortsæt” in DK language, and a lot of people make fun of it, because they think it is more cool, to pretend that they are so much in control of their life, that they can start a new good habit, any time of the year, and therefore they dont need 1 of January to help them…..let me tell you the news………WE NEED IT MORE THAN EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you why…
– there is so much “stress” out there, with smartphones we are ON all the time……we are on, but are we present in the moment ?
– there is so much to to, and Ironman, is just the best story of them all. We want to be our own hero, and take on the Ironmandistance, like it is the good old marathon….we are brave, but are we in over our head ?
– there are so many things we dream of, but the big dreams take a big effort….and a good plan, so use the chance of the new year ?
– I could go on, but what is the point ???
The point is, we can all use a good NewYearPromise. And just you pick the right one, and start with the first step to succes, then you can make it.
Some tricks ?
– Well it is January and most of us feel it is good to get “in the normal life” again after the holidays… So why not to try to make the comeback easier, by doing a plan for the coming week.
If one of your New Year promise is to start training well, and by this I meaning training on your own level, so it could be like running 3x a week or swimming 2 x and running 2 x etc. Write this down into your calender on Sunday… this way it will be more likely that you will get your training done.
And this way it is easy to get the family also with into your plan. You can present this for all family on Sunday, and maybe you get one of your familymembers to join you… That could be even more cool, you get your exercise done, and you can at the same time be together with one of your closest
-Another promise could be starting to eat healthier.
try and write down all you eat for a week. Then look at it, at the end of the week.
Find 3 things that you want to change to a more healthier choise, or just take away. Just like that.
I also work with a concept of 5OF7
That means that you are clean and good for 5 days in the week, and let yourself be loose for the rest 2 days.
Try this, and try to look at it together with your planning sunday. What day do you think, it would be good to be loose ?
are you going out to friends that you like to drink wine with, on friday, well……that is then 1 of the 2 days that you are loose.
This sh¨¨ works, go for it
And hey…important…just 1 good promise, …THE one , the one that is important for you, the ONE that comes from inside,
… else you will get stress in all things falling down on your head at the same time, with your job, family, training all the rest.
So…be proud when you succeed with one promise… give yourself a present…and go for the next one
Happy New Year!