I go hot, and Mallorca is perfect at the moment, as the air temperature is 30 and even the water 28!! It is like Hawaii just 2,5 hours flight from home (maybe less humide, but you cant get It all)
- if you take an early flight (like we got up 04.00 am)dont prepare any hard training for the first day. The day is going in half sleep, and every time you lay down, you feel like sleeping:-) Just relax, get used into the heat, and if you feel like, have a swim in the sea, or adjust your bike and have a short roll. Start the training day after.
- make sure that you get a peaceful room in the hotel you stay, else your sleep will be disturbed
- I will test all my nutrition, and under good traning, that will make the body feel a bit like on race day. I test different gel´s, salttablets, coolingmetods, amounts ect ect
- I am testing different wheel combinations (but it is just not blowing enough yet) The zipp 303 front and 1080 back ? or Zipp 404 font and 808 back ??
- I train in the middle of the day, when it is really hot, because that is race time on Hawaii
- I do long or intense traning. All the medium hard is away for now.
- I use High5 protein for recover, icebath in the bathtub (THAT IS REALLY COLD, and Frank is having so much fun each time, and specially when he goes to the local supermarket to buy the ice cubes:-))
- I test my race clothes (different shirts, pants, socks, swimgoogles, aero-normal helmet ? ect ect)
- running with my 2xu compression socks/legs ? I test one last time, by my vote is yes, it works.
- I enjoy ! and it is all about getting that last important training done, staying healthy and getting to the startingline on Kona 100% ready
Life is great! See you out there, Ironkaisa.